2010/11/14


My First attempt at the Royal Academy's Summer Exhibition. The Theme was 'Raw' and i pretty much just extended onto what i had been looking at for my A level work. I titled the piece 'super skinny was so last year' as i'd been working on the artificial recreation of quickly and cheaply bred chickens to be sold in supermarkets and other foods we think are organic but are everything but. I never got in but didnt really expect too as 1, it was my first attempt and i'd never entered a competition of such stature and 2, i missed the sculpture deadline so had like 3 weeks to do a painting as i'd already cashed out £25 on an entry form. This piece was about 4ft wide x 3ft tall - again i'd never worked to that scale of painting so i learnt alot from the experience thinking back.

No comments: